MGH Internal Preliminary Application Deadline
Tuesday, June 26, 2018 – 5:00 PM
DESCRIPTION OF THE AWARD
The Margaret Q. Landenberger Research Foundation is a non-profit private foundation which focuses its support on promising early stage medical researchers. The ideal candidate is affiliated with an outstanding medical research institution and works under the supervision of experienced mentors. The goal is to assist these individuals by funding their current research, with the hope of enabling them to acquire more significant funding. The Landenberger Foundation does not restrict our support to any particular disease or medical condition, although they are looking for research with broad impact.
MGH is eligible to nominate one candidate. Preliminary applications will be reviewed and assessed by the ECOR Subcommittee on Review of Research Proposals (SRRP).
This award will be for up to $100,000 per year for two years, with the second year contingent on the approval of a progress report from the first year of funding. These funds should be fully allocated to direct costs and awards will start in December 2018.
For MGH investigators selected through a competitive process as the institutional nominee for any limited submission funding opportunities, in situations in which the grant will bring in less than 15% indirect cost (IDC), ECOR will cover the IDC gap up to a maximum of $50,000 per year. In order to optimize the distribution of limited ECOR funds across the MGH research community, it is expected that PIs and departments will work together to cover the remaining IDC shortfall.
MGH Internal Preliminary application Deadline: Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Sponsor Deadline: Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Notification to MGH Candidate: End of July 2018
At the time of application:
the applicant must hold an MD and/or PhD
the applicant must have the appointment of either Post-Doctoral Fellow, Clinical Research Fellow, Instructor, or Assistant Professor
the applicant must also not be the PI of an NIH R01 or equivalent grant at the time of award.
MGH INTERNAL PRELIMINARY APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
The MGH internal preliminary application must include the following 4 items:
1 Project Title (Do not exceed 81 characters, including spaces between words and punctuation)
2. Research Summary (2 pages):
Brief description of the project with an emphasis on how appropriate experience, training, and skills obtained will enable you to conduct highly innovative research
Brief description of your current scientific environment and how it will foster your career trajectory and contribute to the probability of success
3. Biosketch of the applicant in NIH format (not a CV). Click here for a sample NIH biosketch.
4. Unit, Service, or Department Chief letter of recommendation (address letters to ECOR Review Committee).
Use margins of 0.5 inches or greater
Use 11pt font size or greater.
Upload PDF documents only. Limit characters to A-Z, a-z and 0-9 when naming PDF documents. Do not use periods, commas or dashes in the file name.
HOW TO APPLY
ECOR accepts all applications online via the ECOR Online Grant Management Portal. The system has been designed to allow users to:
Create a personal profile, which will auto-populate your future ECOR applications
Assign a delegate to submit applications on your behalf (optional)
View current calls and apply to open opportunities
Save and edit current applications in progress
Submit completed applications.
Instructions for Applying Online:
1. Create your account: Log in using your Partners credentials and fill-out the profile information.
2. Complete the application: Once your profile is complete, you will automatically progress through the online application. If you cannot complete the application at one time, “save” the application and return to it at a later time to finish. Before submitting your application, you will have the ability to make changes to the application.
3. Submit your application: Once you have completed the application click on the “submit” button at the bottom of the page. Once you submit it, you will not be able to make further changes unless you send a request to ECOR (note that once the deadline passes, requests to make changes will not be accepted).
To avoid losing your work, remember to save frequently
You can only upload PDF documents
If you previously created a profile, please ensure your information is current prior to submitting an application.
Click 'Apply' below to begin the application.
If you have any questions, please email ECOR.